Brian Uckert Résumé:
Systems Integration • Business Unit Leadership • P&L Responsibility • IT Consulting
- IT Executive with domestic/international success in fueling profit and productivity improvements while maximizing return on technology investments through operationally focused leadership.
- Set technology strategy and integrated solutions across 10 global sites for $30 million company.
- Saved $1+ million by consolidating international data centers and creating virtual private network.
- Disciplined strategist and hands-on problem solver who consistently improve performance and project management.
- Improved productivity 25% in 1 year by spearheading network solutions for $30 million company.
- Led departmental restructuring, saving $972K by introducing IT outsourcing initiative.
Saved $600K by leading $3 million system integration project to under-budget completion.
- Visionary leader and dynamic communicator adept at bridging organizational levels and delivering results.
- Restructured organization, slashing IT costs in half to $1 million annually.
Created IT infrastructure that allowed company to integrate $15 million acquisition with zero increase in staff.
- Expertise spans recruiting key talent, building infrastructure and providing system reliability across global networks.
- Proactive achiever who empowers staff and guides teams to top performance. Respected professional who utilizes operational, technical and people acumen to solve today's business challenges.
Technical Experience Education
Network and Client Server
Ethernet, TCPIP, FTP, Telnet, Terminal, Virtual Private Network (VPN), Wi-Fi, T1, ADSL, DSL, Cable, ISDN, POTs, PBX, Meridian Option 11, SonicWall, D-Link, Adtran, Netgear, Linksys, Cisco, Bay/Nortel Networks, Checkpoint Firewall, Network Attached Storage, Windows NT, 2000, 2003, Active Directory, XP, ME, 98, 95, Netware 3:11-3.12, AppleTalk Mac OS 7-9.2, OSX 10.4, SUN Cobalt, IBM AS400, OS2, SNA Gateways Palm OS, Blackberry.
Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio, Powerpoint, FastTrack, Lotus Notes, cc:Mail, Outlook, Entourage, Eudora, Symantec Anti-Virus, GHOST, System Works, JD Edwards Worldvision, IBM Client Access, Cognos, Veritas Backup Exec, Legato, DB2, Apple Script, Filemaker Pro, MySQL, PhP, Quickbooks, Pearl CGI, Java Script, HP Openview, Compaq Insight Manager, Citrix Metaframe, Remote Desktop, VNC, NetOp.
BS, Industrial Arts Education and Technology, State University of New York at Oswego, 1980
IT Leadership Certification, Santa Clara University, 2000 CNE, Novell NetWare 3.11 - 3.12, 1992
Computer Consultant, March 2002 - present
- Deployed Sonic Wall, D-Link, firewalls and VPN systems for corporate offices.
- Established data storage, file back up and disaster recovery solutions for small businesses.
- Managed users and file sharing on Windows Server 2003 with active directory.
- Consulted clients regarding Digital Rights Management technology.
- Configured, deployed and supported Macintosh xServe G5 / Fiber Channel xRaid (3 TB) with OS 10.4 Server. Experience with Apple Remote Desktop (ARD) for corporate end user support at BMG Music, Westview Publishing, Sudler/ Hennessey and Serino Coyne, Sun Moon Advertising and Showtime (Paramount) (Insider Software) controlled user desktops, installed applications and packages Installed Font Server and font synchronization in an Active Directory environment
- Provisioned, managed and deployed dedicated Linux hosting solutions for various small businesses. Provided database, e-mail messaging, web hosting, and site reporting services, dramatically improved e-mail reliability for a leading advertising agency.
- Received a provisional Patent Application 60/443,502 for a promotional item having integrated memory chip. The promotional item; created an opportunity for trusted web access, merging security with electronic stored value membership rewards with digital rights management of intellectual property and stored user managed billing and shipping information.
- Provided consultation to investment bankers and analysts, regarding digital rights management (DRM) solutions and technology within the entertainment industry for Gerson Lehrman.
- Rackspace Cloud Servers (RHEL) and Files – leveraged the (CDN) content deliver network for streaming video and podcasts utilized jQurey, Flowplayer and flash video.
- Web Application Development – Developed and Hosted “Check 2 Card” virtual banking application, registration, real time authorization (Lexis/Nexis) and verification (Verid) for Metropolitan Bank/CashZone. Utilized SOAP / REST webservices to issue Visa signature Debit cards within 2 minutes in store and on the Internet though FSV card services fulfillment. Developed and hosted secure Administration portal for data transfer and reporting.
- Developed and hosted a collaborative content management system for Samuel Waxman Cancer Research Foundation where by the 5 million grant process enables an average of 100 applications annually to be individually submitted and peer reviewed by 3 - 4 academics which post the review comments and scores on line. All scores are tabulated automatically making it easy to sort and analyze while a download feature allowed authorized administrators access to information as an excel spreadsheet.
- Small Business ecommerce solutions – developed and hosted online retail hair care product store, online retail children clothing, online restaurant take-out and deliver ecommerce application, integrated with payment gateway Authorize.net provided merchant account and SSL certificates and trust marks as well as managed PCI compliance and monitoring. Automated data feeds to warehouse with Perl scripting, developed administration portal for business unit and fulfillment. Managed Dedicated RHEL servers via SSH, firewalls Cisco Pix, ZyXEL - ZyWALL USG 100
- Increased my knowledge of SEO and SEM utilized Google Analytics, Urchin, Google Webmaster and Keyword Tools increased customer Page Rank, managed site submission to search engines.
V2 Music, $300 million record label with 300 employees, 1996-April 2002
- Recruited as a consultant (1099) in 1996 to set systems infrastructure across North America; designed architecture and deployed systems. Employed full time (W4) in July 1998, promoted to IT Director worldwide.
- Managed $2 million budget and team of 16. Reduced frame relay costs by creating virtual private network.
- Led technology turnaround for London office. Recruited/trained new staff and established affiliate offices.
- Migrated data centers, increasing bandwidth/business continuity. Handpicked to re-engineer/lead Web initiatives.
- Restructured IT department; saved $972K by leading outsourcing initiative while improving service/support.
- Responsible for business systems technical documentation and train.
- Researched and proposed new technologies VoIP, and Citrix Meta Frame.
PolyGram N.V., $5.5 billion record label, 1995
Computer Systems Specialist
- Recruited to set IT requirements, direct purchasing and manage technology implementation for
- Creative Services department.
Trained staff and resolved technical questions System administration, configuring remote access implemented daily back up/monthly archiving procedures.
- EMR Systems Communication, $21 million digital printing company, 1994-1995
Director of Operations
- Recruited to lead $3 million system integration project; delivered under budget, within scheduled completion.
- Managed daily operations. Prioritized workflow and directed quality assurance program.
- Hired/trained staff of 6 that remained in place for 6 years. Consulted with clients regarding job-planning efficiency.
- Integrated direct digital filmless printing technology Heidelberg GTODI. Commissioned the installation of fiber backbone to transfer large, high-resolution files.
PDR/Royal Inc., $40 million digital printing company, 1992-1994
- Directed staffing, training and scheduling. Created program to automate departmental tasks and track reports.
- Managed file servers across Mac and PC platforms. Integrated direct digital filmless printing technology.
- Lectured advertising industry leaders on "Digital Color Pre-Press and their Responsibility."